My work requires me to be away for a month or more for part of the year. Can I still apply to join?

  • Posted on: 12 September 2016
  • By: Belinda

We have many members who have responsibilities that take them away from home for a month or two at a time. These include members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Coast Guard, and scientists working in the field for extended periods. It sometimes takes these volunteers longer to complete their basic training, but we welcome their energies when they are at home. Volunteers who are posted overseas with the military or who are taking parental leave can apply for a formal leave of absence from HSAR.